2 bed cottage to rent Quarry Vale, Combe Down, Bath BA2
- Combe Down CofE Primary School0.1 miles
- Monkton Prep School0.4 miles
- Bath Spa1.4 miles
- Oldfield Park2 miles
Features and description
- Popular village location
- Two double bedrooms
- Modern fitted kitchen
- Log burner
- Plenty of storage in both living areas and bedrooms
- Period features
- Large and established south facing garden
- New flooring throughout the property
- Downstairs shower room
- No pets
Combe Down is a picturesque and historical village to the south of the city Bath.
This particular property is well placed for all amenities including local shops and award winning delicatessen, bakers, doctors, dentists and pharmacy. The local bus service alights in Combe Road providing regular services into the City and to the University.
Combe Down also has an excellent school community with its nursery and primary school located in Church Road and a further pre-school nursery in Combe Road. The immediate area also accommodates two private schools with Monkton Combe and Prior Park in close proximity and also has an excellent secondary school in Ralph Allen, which has recently been developed and extended to provide further facilities.
For the walkers amongst you the city is a little under 2 miles away and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into the Cotswolds 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
An attractive Grade II listed property set within a row of thirteen former quarry worker cottages. Located on Summer Lane in the desirable and picturesque village of Combe Down just south to the City of Bath. The cottage has recently been fully refurbished, offering both original features and contemporary fixtures and fittings.
You approach the property through a quaint external porch and once inside you arrive in the lounge complete with feature fireplace and alcove storage. The dining room is spacious enough for a good size table and chairs, whilst also providing additional alcove storage and the main feature being a working log burner. From here is the adjoining kitchen with a variety of wall and base units, a newly fitted gas hob and electric oven. In addition to the neutral colour scheme the black cooker hood and black granite worktops add a contemporary feel. Also, on this floor is a decent size downstairs shower room complete with a double walk in shower, wc and hand basin.
Taking the stairs to the first floor bedroom one is a double in size and positioned to the front of the property overlooking the southerly facing garden. Built in cupboards provide useful wardrobe space. Bedroom two is also a double and positioned on this floor facing the rear of the property, here you will also find a further set of stairs leading to the stylish bathroom cleverly incorporated into the loft space. Complete with chrome towel rails, a stunning roll top bath, wc and basin. Once again there is a variety of built in storage particularly under the roof space.
Externally, to the rear of the property is a courtyard garden. Then to the front a small enclosed patio area and from here an established and good size garden mainly laid to lawn.
Permittted Fees And Charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Tynings Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. Tynings Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Energy Performance Rating
Rating - E
More informationReport this listing
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Tynings Lettings & Property Management. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Tynings Lettings & Property Management for full details and further information.