Looking for a new home to buy? These simple property tools will make the search a whole lot easier.
Using Zoopla to find your next home makes perfect sense. It’s an all-in-one place portal, where you can save time in your property search and get ahead of the competition.
Here are eight handy tools on Zoopla to help you find your next flat or house.
1. Open a MyZoopla account
First up, create a MyZoopla account. It’s a free and easy way to speed up your property search – and get that all-important head start on other potential home seekers.
When you sign up, you will have your own profile page. It will allow you to:
- Save homes that you love so that you can track them down in one quick and easy list.
- Save searches and filters to cut down your property search time. You can cherry pick, from properties for sale and rent, to new-build homes, and more. Save the results, add homes to your favourites list, and email them to your friends and family too.
- Set up email alerts to keep up to speed with your local housing market and homes that have caught your eye. Plus, there’s no limit to how many email alerts you create.
2. Enrol in a Zooploma
Need a helping hand? We’ve got your back. Zooplomas are our series of free guides about all-things property, giving you advice and information straight to your inbox. Simply sign up.
3. Estimate the value of your current home
Our house price estimates tool provides an instant value estimate of any property in the UK, which is handy if you're selling and moving on. The estimate is based on historic data and current local trends. Our system is powered by Hometrack, the UK's biggest automated valuer of residential property.
4. Choose a specific property type
If you're looking for a particular type of property, such as a new build, use Zoopla's Advance Search. Alternatively, you can add specific keywords such as 'garden' or 'double garage' to home in on exactly what you want.
5. Nose into a property's past
Search for a particular street on our house price tool and properties that have previously been listed for sale or rent on Zoopla will be marked with an ‘H’ (for history). Click on the link to see what the home used to look like.
And, if you can stomach it, you can find out how much a property sold for in the past.
6. Find out how much a home costs to run
Under almost every property for sale or rent on Zoopla, you'll find our running costs tool. It factors in every household bill, from council tax to mortgage repayments, to provide an estimated monthly total of how much the home would cost to run.
7. Map out the exact area you want to search in
Know where you want to be? Our SmartMaps tool allows you to isolate a single street, group of streets or wider area. Once you're in map view, just click on 'Draw from scratch’ and mark out the desired area with your mouse. We’ve demonstrated below.
8. Limit your search to within maximum travel times
Location and convenience are everything. And our travel time search tool means you can find homes within any given journey time to your key destinations – the office, school or even your parents' house. Times will be calculated according to the method of travel you choose.
You may also be interested in...
Zooplomas are our free guides to buying, selling and renting, giving you expert advice and information straight to your inbox.