An excellent opportunity to acquire this detached property with superb scope to update or develop, set within charming established gardens
Roughitts is located in the small village of Mark Beech with its church, village hall and public house. It is on the edge of the historic village of Hever, famous for its Castle with its historical connections with Anne Boleyn, second wife of King Henry VIII. The property also offers good access to the local town of Edenbridge with a Waitrose, and further afield, Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Oxted and East Grinstead.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Edenbridge – 3.6 miles, East Grinstead – 9.3 miles, Tunbridge Wells – 10.8 miles & Sevenoaks – 10.9 miles.
• Mainline Rail Services: Cowden Station (0.9 miles), Hever (1.5 miles) and Edenbridge stations (3.9 miles) have a fast service to London Bridge/Victoria. Hildenborough (8.4 miles) and Sevenoaks (11.1 miles) stations to Cannon St/Charing Cross.
• Primary Schools: Hever, Penshurst, Chiddingstone, Fordcombe and Langton Green.
• Grammar and State Schools: Weald of Kent Girls, Tonbridge Girls Grammar and Judd Boys Grammar schools in Tonbridge. Tunbridge Wells Girls and Boys Grammar Schools and the Skinners Boys School in Tunbridge Wells. Bennett Memorial in Tunbridge Wells
• Private Schools: Preparatory schools at Holmewood House in Langton Green, Brambletye in East Grinstead, and Ashdown House in Forest Row. Tonbridge and Sevenoaks Public
• Sporting Facilities: Edenbridge Leisure Centre. Golf at Hever Castle Golf Club, Holtye and Sweetwoods Golf Clubs in Cowden and also at the two Royal Ashdown courses (Forest Row), Piltdown, Paxhill Park and East Sussex National (Uckfield). Racing at Lingfield Park, Plumpton and Brighton. Sailing at Bough Beech.
• The A22 provides access to the M25 and thus London and the suburbs, the south coast, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
Roughitts is a detached house dating from the 1950s which has been occupied by the same family since its inception. There is tremendous scope to update or develop the property, subject to the necessary building regulations. The charming established gardens provide an attractive backdrop to the property, together with the views over the adjoining countryside and the hamlet of Mark Beech.
The ground floor accommodation is accessed via a glass front door leading to the hall, which has an under stairs cupboards and stairs rising to the first floor.
The sitting room and dining room are both double aspect with lovely views over the front and rear gardens, and benefit from feature fireplaces.
The garden room is timber framed and has double doors leading to the garden, together with lovely views.
The kitchen is modestly appointed with a range of storage cupboards, with work surfaces incorporating a sink. There is a oil fired range for cooking, together with an electric cooker point and space for a fridge freezer. There are two built-in storage cupboards including a larder.
A rear lobby provides access to outside, a coal store, store room and a W.C.
Arranged over the first floor are three bedrooms, one of which has a triple aspect and wonderful views.
The family bathroom completes the accommodation.
Within the gardens are two outbuildings, both in need of repair. One of which is a pole barn tractor shed and the second is a former stable.
The gardens are principally laid to lawn interspersed with shrubs, trees and spring bulbs. There is a paved path which leads around the house and culminates in a terrace providing a seating area. To one side of this terrace is a pond with aquatic planting. To the boundary are established mixed hedging, and within the garden planting includes oak and conifer trees, roses, camellia and hydrangeas.
Square Footage: 1287 sq ft
Acreage: 0.4 Acres
Leaving the M25 at junction 5, (Westerham Rd/A25 towards Sevenoaks/Riverhead). Turn right onto Bessels Green Rd (A25). On reaching Bessels Green turn right (Back Lane) towards Edenbridge on the B2042 and proceed down Ide Hill forking left signposted to Bough Beech. Continue over a small bridge turning immediately right, opposite The Wheatsheaf Public House, towards Hever and proceed past Hever Golf Club, Hever Castle and Henry VIII Public House. At the next t-junction, turn left onto Uckfield Lane and continue to the end of this lane where Roughitts will be found on the right hand side.