Built in 1864 and located in the popular village of Uffculme. This property offers four double bedrooms, the master being ensuite, a large lounge and modern kitchen/diner. A utility room and hobbies room/garage. Off road parking and a private courtyard as well as a secret garden.
Approached via a private driveway this fantastic period property dates back to 1864. This family home offers well proportioned accommodation throughout. On entering the property there is a spacious entrance hall leading to a large dual aspect lounge which has a fireplace housing a wood burning stove. The Kitchen is modern having been replaced by the current owners and flows nicely to the dining area. This provides a great area for the family or for entertaining. Also on the ground floor is a utility room/ store, a shower room and a fourth bedroom which is dual aspect. The garage has been converted by the current owners to a hobbies room but could easily be changed back to a garage if required.
On the first floor are three bedrooms all of which are doubles, the master with an ensuite shower room. This floor is completed by a family bathroom with a large storage cupboard.
Externally this grade II listed property benefits from an enclosed walled courtyard and a detached secret garden. The garden isn't far from the property and is fully enclosed with views over adjoining farm land. This is a good size space which is laid to lawn with apples trees and a grape vine. The property further benefits from off road parking.
An inviting hallway with doors to all rooms, stairs leading to landing, radiator
Dining Area 14' 2" max x 12' 3" ( 4.32m max x 3.73m )
Window to rear, television point, radiator
Door to front, window to side, radiator, a great space to store coats and boots
Kitchen 10' 7" x 10' 6" ( 3.23m x 3.20m )
Kitchen diner with window to rear, fitted kitchen with wall and base units, door to pantry, work surfaces with stainless steel sink drainer, tiled splash back, space for free range style cooker, space for fridge freezer, cooker hood
Living Room 20' 10" x 17' 10" ( 6.35m x 5.44m )
A fantastic duel aspect room with two windows to front and two to rear, ceiling rose with chandelier, fire place housing wood burner, two radiators, television point
WC, double shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, extractor fan
Plumbing for washing machine, stainless steel sink drainer
Workshop 20' 6" x 8' 9" ( 6.25m x 2.67m )
Window to side, currently used as a hobby room but formerly used as a garage, external door still in place
Bedroom Four 17' 11" x 9' 7" ( 5.46m x 2.92m )
Window to front and side, two radiators
Two windows to front, radiator
Bedroom One 17' 11" x 12' 3" ( 5.46m x 3.73m )
Window to rear, built in cupboards, two radiators
Part tiled, WC, wash hand basin with vanity units, shower cubicle, spot lights, heated towel rail
Bedroom Two 12' 6" x 12' 3" ( 3.81m x 3.73m )
Window to rear, built in cupboard
Bedroom Three 16' 5" max x 13' 4" max ( 5.00m max x 4.06m max )
Window to rear, radiator
Window to front, bath, WC, wash hand basin, airing cupboard, wall mounted combination boiler, access to roof space. Radiator, door to large storage room
A fantastic secret garden which is detached from the house. Approached over the driveway approx 100 meters from the property, the garden backs onto open fields and has beautiful views. The garden is of a good size and is private, providing the ideal place to relax and unwind. Mainly laid to lawn, the garden is also ideal for growing vegetables. There is a greenhouse, a shed, apple tree and grape vine, the garden then opens out and is used as both a formal garden and for gardening etc. There is also a pond
Gated entrance from driveway, paved throughout
Space for three cars
There is a fee of £250 per annum payable to the Grantlands residents association which covers the maintenance of the private drive.
Council Tax Band - E
Monday - Friday 9am- 6pm
Saturday- 9am- 4pm
Sundays - Closed
Uffculme is a very popular village with excellent amenities. These include an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' secondary school and a popular primary school, local shops, a post office, service station, two pubs, churches, a village hall with sports fields, doctor's surgery and veterinary practice. There are regular bus services through the village and quick access to the M5, ideal for commuting to Exeter or Taunton. Frequent trains also run from the nearby Tiverton Parkway Station (Paddington in 2 hours).
From Junction 27 of the M5 take the A38 towards Wellington once you get to the Waterloo Cross take the second exit and proceed to Uffculme. Continue along this road for about one mile taking the second turning left to Uffculme. Follow to the end of this road and then turn left, continue through two traffic systems. Immediately past the surgery turn right into Grantlands. Follow this lane bearing right at the first fork and then bearing left at the second fork, head to the central green area and the property can be found there.
1. Money laundering regulations: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract. The matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither sequence (UK) limited nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property.