75% share available for ages 55 and over under the shared ownership scheme
Private off-street parking
Walking distance to public transport
Easy access to A1
Listing view statistics
Last 30 days:
203 page views
623 page views
***Please quote ORC616 when enquiring.***
- Introduction - Looking to downsize or for somewhere easier to manage? This two-bedroom apartment is ideally located in the town of Birtley, South of Gateshead. With lots of greenery and parks around, this is the perfect home to wind down in. Within walking distance from the town, you will have access to local and recreation amenities including the nearby swimming centre. With easy access to the A1 you’ll reach the bustling city of Newcastle in no time.
- What the owner says - “The kitchen overlooks a quiet road and a catholic club. It is a short walk to the centre of the town which has shops, amenities and the main bus stop route. The favourite features of the property are the quiet location and the size of the rooms.”
- Full Description - Two bedroom apartment. Telephone entry system providing security and peace of mind. Living room (4.06m x 3.10m) has views onto the garden. Kitchen (4.60m x 2.05m) boasts fitted wall and base units with contrasting work tops. Windows to the front aspect. Master bedroom (3.56m x 3.11m) with fitted blinds and views to the rear garden. Second bedroom (3.09m x 1.99m) with built in cupboard and fitted blinds. Bathroom (1.99m x 1.99m) has a bath, wash basin and WC. Also has tiled shower walls and windows. Carpets laid throughout living areas. Vinyl flooring to kitchen and bathroom. Gas central heating. Communal garden. Private off-street parking.
- Costs - Price - £56,250*
Service charge - £732.96 per annum **
*This represents a 75% share of the full open market value of £75,000 **This includes: Management charge, service charge, building insurance charge and sinking fund. Rent and service charges are reviewed annually.
- Eligibility Requirements -
Applicants must be aged 55 or over. Applicants must have sufficient funds to either purchase the 70% share outright, or to obtain a mortgage. Applicants must also have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of buying.
If you will be purchasing with a mortgage you must provide us with an Agreement in Principle (aip) to support your application. Evidence in support of your aip (or proof of funds if cash buyers) must also be provided. Further details available on request.
In order to apply you must be registered with the local Help to Buy Agent - North East, Yorkshire and Humberside, . You will need to provide your htb reference when completing the application process.
- General Information - Tenure: Leasehold Years remaining on lease: 973 years. Approximate internal area: 56 sq. M. Local Authority: Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council Council Tax Band: A EPC Rating: 80 (C)
- Terms and Conditions - ***Applicants must have a local connection to Birtley.***
- Viewings - Viewings are held strictly by appointment - call today to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Applications are only accepted from those who have viewed the property. If you have viewed and would like to apply please register your interest with the Resales Team.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Home Group. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Home Group for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.