A unique one bedroom duplex apartment in a chapel conversion situated in the village of Chartham
2 The Chapel is a lovely one bedroom duplex apartment forming part of the former St Augustines Chapel. The property we understand was converted in 2004. The property has been carefully and sympathetically converted using contemporary materials which create stylish living. There are many original chapel features with attractive exposed brick arches and walls with string course detail, beautiful stained glass and leaded light windows, exposed beam work, galleried mezzanine. Features
- Open plan sitting/dining/kitchen area with feature leaded light stained glass windows, exposed brickwork to walls, wooden flooring, and stairs rising to first floor mezzanine.
- Kitchen area has a range of contemporary fitted wall and base cabinets incorporating integrated oven with gas hob, extractor and fridge/freezer
- Galleried mezzanine opening into bedroom with two roof-lights, feature brickwork walls and archway and door to:
- En suite bathroom with modern white suite, heated towel rail and complimentary wall tiles
- Garden private garden to the front with patio and lawns enclosed by wrought iron fence.
- Gated private parking space Situation
The Chapel is set in the historic village of Chartham with it’s 13th century public house/restaurant, post office, shop and sports club. The property lies approximately 4.5 miles from the City of Canterbury, offering many cultural interests, good selection of schools, colleges, universities and sports facilities, excellent shopping centre, two mainline railway stations with Canterbury West now operating the high speed train service into London. Motorway connections are also good via the A2/M2 and M20 along with regular bus services operating into Canterbury and neighbouring villages. Property information
- Leasehold: 100 year lease with approximately 80 years remaining. Maintenance charges £1072 per half year. Ground rent £50 per half year
- Services: Mains gas, electricity, water and drainage. - Local Authority: Canterbury City Council. - Council Tax band (2018/19): C. - Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation. - Viewings: Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. Tel: Directions Leave Canterbury via Wincheap towards Milton Manor roundabout. Take the first left then continue up the hill for approximately 1.6 miles. Take the first left signposted Chartham Downs and stay on the road for approximately a mile then turn right into Updown Way. Take the first right into Godfrey Gardens and The Chapel will be found on the left hand side.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Jackson-Stops - Canterbury. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Jackson-Stops - Canterbury for full details and further information.
Guide Price: The “Guide Price” an indication of the seller’s minimum acceptable price at auction. The guide price can be shown in the form of a minimum and maximum price range, or as a single price figure. This is subject to change up to and including the day of the auction and will not necessarily be the final selling price at auction.
Reserve Price: The “Reserve Price” is the seller’s minimum acceptable price at auction and the figure below which the auctioneer cannot sell. This is normally set within the guide price range or within 10% of a single guide price. The reserve price is not disclosed and is subject to change up to and including the day of the auction.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.