- Introduction - With everything you need from shops and amenities right on your doorstep, this one bed retirement home is too good to miss! Surrounded by well-maintained gardens in a friendly, peaceful neighbourhood, you’ll be spoilt for choice in your new home.
This one bed retirement apartment is ideally located on the sought after Hyde Court development in Whetstone. With its proximity to Barnet and Finchley you can enjoy a wide range of restaurants, shopping and recreational facilities. Conveniently close to The Spires shopping centre, Whetstone High Road and the High Road North Finchley, it offers an abundance of local amenities. The Northern Line is nearby and there are regular bus services for local travel. Properties at Hyde Court are available as part of the affordable home ownership scheme, meaning you only pay 70% of the open market value. The 30% share not purchased is a 'payment discount' which is locked into the property. Owners do not pay any rent to Home Group on the percentage not purchased but they must pay a service charge as detailed in the listing below.
- What the owner says - “Lovely garden flat with garden views to the front of the block. Quick access to the flat via the garden doors and parking just beyond the grassed area. Peaceful and safe area with a bus stop outside. Close proximity to the shops. Wet room shower recently installed, a new boiler and newly fitted carpets throughout. Lovely large communal lounge with kitchen for activities and events leading on to a secluded garden.”
- Full Description –
- One bedroom ground floor flat. - Entrance hall with a telephone entry system for your peace of mind. - Living room (5.3m x 3.2m) benefits from French doors into the communal gardens. - Kitchen (3.2m x 1.8m) with matching wall and base units, electric cooker and hob. - Bedroom (3.2m x 2.9m) has a window with views of the gardens. - Bathroom (1.9m x 1.7m) is a walk-in wet room with shower, wash hand basin and a WC. - New fitted carpets throughout the living areas. Vinyl is fitted to the kitchen and the bathroom has wet room flooring. - Gas central heating. - Well maintained communal gardens. - Off street parking.
*This represents a 70% share of the full open market value of £200,000 **This includes: Management charge, service charge, building insurance charge, building fund and sinking fund. Rent and service charges are reviewed annually.
- General Information - Tenure: Leasehold Lease: 99 years Surrender and Regrant Years remaining on lease: 99 approx. Approximate internal area: 44 sq. M. Local Authority: London Borough of Barnet Council Tax Band: B EPC Rating: C (75)
- Terms and Conditions - If you are interested in buying this home, you must be aged 55 or over and will need to meet an affordability assessment and the independent living criteria. Details of which will be advised as required. All prospective buyers must attend an interview with a Home Group representative and complete an application form to confirm their eligibility to purchase and will need to demonstrate they can afford the costs associated with owning and meet the terms of the scheme criteria. Buyers' ability to meet the independent living criteria is determined via a medical status report from their gp, any costs borne from this are payable by the purchaser. (Further information is available on request) Once your application and medical status has been confirmed, we will contact you to let you know that you have/have not been approved ahead of instructing all legal representatives.
- Viewings - Viewings are held strictly by appointment - call today to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Applications are only accepted from those who have viewed the property. If you have viewed and would like to apply please register your interest with the Resales Team.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Home Group. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Home Group for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.