A beautifully presented home set in an idyllic rural location along a quiet country lane, ideally situated for commuters and families
Sunnyside is the quintessential cottage in the country. Set along a private, no-through lane, lined with orchards and open farmland, it’s a perfect spot for country walks.
The property is estimated to have been constructed in the 1700s with original beams on show throughout. The current custodians have tastefully brought it into the 21st century with the addition of a delightful kitchen/dining room. Neutrally decorated throughout and with contemporary fixtures and fittings, you can literally just move straight in. Features
- Kitchen area fitted with bespoke handmade units under granite worktops with electric range cooker, American style fridge freezer and dishwasher
- Dining area with bi-fold doors giving direct access to a paved rear terrace for alfresco dining
- Utility/boot room with bespoke units, butlers sink, washing machine and dryer through to downstairs cloakroom
- Open plan sitting room and study with dual aspect windows and fireplace with log burner
- Family room/snug with triple aspect windows/patio doors
- Master bedroom with en suite shower room
- 3 further bedrooms
- Family bathroom fitted with roll top bath and shower over
- Gardens mainly laid to lawn with fencing, mature hedging and traditional cottage garden planting
- Shed/workshop located to the rear of the garden providing ideal garden storage
- Timber framed double garage supplied with power and light – loft space could be boarded to provide additional storage Situation
Collier Street offers a small number of local services including a village primary school and parish church with a number of local pubs within easy reach.
Nearby Marden is a historic village with a mainline railway station offering services to London, a good range of amenities including convenience stores, post office, pharmacy, two public houses, two Indian restaurants, butchers and excellent sporting facilities at Marden Cricket and Hockey Club. A little further afield Paddock Wood provides comprehensive facilities, a mainline railway station and a wide range of shops including a Waitrose supermarket.
There are a good range of schools in the area catering for children of all ages including St Margaret’s Primary School in the village, Marden Primary School, Sutton Valence Preparatory and Senior Schools. The property is well positioned for numerous grammar, non-selective and independent schools in Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Maidstone.
Marden and Paddock Wood Stations offer frequent services to London Bridge, Cannon Street and Charing Cross with journey times from under an hour. The M20 gives access to Dover, Folkestone and Ashford International and also to the M25 for Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
Marden 2.5 miles M20 10 miles Paddock Wood 5 miles Tonbridge 11 miles Maidstone 9 miles (All distances are approximate) Property information
- Services: Mains gas and electricity. Private drainage. - Local Authority: Maidstone Borough Council - Council Tax band (2018/19): G - Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Jackson-Stops - Cranbrook. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Jackson-Stops - Cranbrook for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.