Set in the quaint hamlet of Draycott this beautifully presented two double bedroom, semi detached home is a real hidden gem.
With a very generous size plot, open field views, an abundance of parking and the possibility of being extended, subject to the relevant permissions, this property should not be missed.
Entering the property through the porch you are immediately greeted with a wealth of character as you step into the gorgeous living area.
The warm and welcoming sitting/dining room has Blue Lias Flagstone flooring and a fantastic log burner which immediately draws you in. There is an under stairs storage cupboard, window to the front and carpeted stairs rising to the first floor.
A study is found off the lounge and is a handy room to have with a window to the rear and is carpeted.
The modern and recently updated kitchen comprises of matching wall and base units, LED downlighters, wood effect flooring, tiled splash backs, stainless steel sink, built in double oven and built in electric hob.
From the kitchen the utility room has a window to the rear, wood effect flooring, oversized boiler, space for washing machine, space for tumble dryer and door to the downstairs cloakroom.
The downstairs cloakroom has a window to the rear and a WC.
Taking the carpeted stairs up to the first floor there is a window to the front aspect and wooden latch lock doors to all rooms.
The master bedroom has a window to the front, lovely feature fireplace, TV point and is carpeted.
Bedroom two has a loft hatch, window to the side and is carpeted.
The fantastic bathroom is fitted with a free-standing roll top bath, separate double shower, exposed wooden flooring, WC, pedestal wash hand basin, built in shelving and a window to the rear.
The real gem in the crown of this property is the garden. There is a pretty front garden which is lawned with mature shrubs and has mature hedging.
There is a substantial parking area for several cars, lawned area (perfect for those Yeovilton Air Day parties) two wooden sheds, outside tap, log store, a decked area, mature fruit trees and stunning views over the open fields surrounding this charming home.
There is a shared driveway to access the property form the road.
We are advised by the vendor that there has been planning approved for extensions on the property in the past but these have now lapsed.
The vendor has had a new septic tank fitted 3-4 years ago.
The oversized boiler has been fitted to have capacity for possible extension.
The vendor has had a new firewall installed in the loft 2019.
Gas central heating is provided from a Calor gas tank which is buried within the plot.
Please Read - covid-19 Health and safety measures::
- Prior to viewings we will make specific arrangements to ensure minimal contact with all parties involved.
- Government guidelines state that we should only be conducting physical viewings with potential buyers who are seriously interested. To facilitate this we will be qualifying any potential buyers ability to be able to proceed and their financial situation by requesting up to date proof of their ability to purchase to ensure that any lender criteria or circumstance had has changed due to Coronavirus.
- All viewers should be using protective masks, gloves and equipment in line with government guidelines. Not doing so may result in your viewing being cancelled or refused entry.
- Only serious buyers in a position to proceed will be permitted to view (with a maximum of 2 people). This means that we will not be conducting viewings with any relatives, friends or people of which the property will not be potentially purchased in their name.
- We may ask all viewers whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate and be especially careful for vulnerable groups, including those who are pregnant, aged 70 or over, or who have a long-term health condition.
- We will be applying social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart and instructing all viewers and clients to do the same.
- We advise viewers to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching surfaces.
- Government guidelines state that properties should be cleaned before and after viewings therefore we are unable to hold open days or facilitate multiple consecutive viewings. As a consequence this will mean that if there are multiple viewings booked on a property then we will have to arrange them subject to the vendors cleaning process and the time it will take them to be able to stage further viewings. This could result in circumstances where some viewers will have to wait several days for a viewing.
- During the waiting period it is also possible the vendor will decide to accept an offer from an interested party.
- Viewers are also urged to read and abide by the government advice on moving home.
Agents note:: Evolve Estate Agents market homes from Yeovil to Chard and are available for appointments with buyers and sellers from 8am-8pm including Saturdays and Sundays. Our Yeovil office is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Please note that once an offer is placed on a property and prior to removing a property from the market we will require the following where applicable:
The full name and contact details of any buyers involved.
Your estate agents contact details.
Proof of ability to purchase including a valid agreement in principle from a mortgage lender/broker and proof of any deposit.
Confirmation of which solicitor you are using including who is acting specifically for you and their contact details.
In addition, due to current Money Laundering regulations, we must carry out customer due diligence which means taking steps to identify our customers and checking they are who they say they are. In practice this means obtaining a customer's proof of identity. We will require at least two forms of identity including a photograph and a proof of address.
Disclaimer:: These particulars, whilst believed to be accurate are set out as a general guideline and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending purchasers shouldn't rely on them as statements of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. Please note that we have not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services including heating and so cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose. Solicitors should confirm moveable items described in the sales particulars and, in fact, included in the sale since circumstances do change during the marketing or negotiations. Although we try to ensure accuracy, any measurements that are used in this listing are approximate and usually at the maximum width or length of the room. Therefore if intending purchasers need accurate measurements for any reason then they should take such measurements themselves. Photographs are produced for general information and it must not be inferred that any items which happen to be in the photographs are included in the sale.