8 ash hurst - goring-on-thames
Goring & Streatley Station (London Paddington within the hour) – 10 mins walk / Reading (London, Paddington 27 minutes) – 10 miles / M4 (J12) – 10 miles / M40 (J6) – 14 miles / Henley on Thames – 12 miles / Oxford – 19 miles / Wallingford – 5 miles
Distances & Times Approximate
Located on the fringe of this favoured Thames-side village, adjacent to open countryside, situated between Oxford and Reading, with an extensive array of shops, well revered primary school and main line railway station affording access to London within the hour, all within walking distance, a stunning bespoke new detached residence of approximately 1,612 sq ft, including 3 reception rooms and 3 bedrooms, 1 being a master bedroom suite with en-suite shower room, providing spacious modern and contemporary yet traditional accommodation of superior quality with excellent workmanship and stylish fixtures and fittings evident throughout, set in professionally landscaped gardens and grounds which will encapsulate an ‘Al Fresco’ lifestyle.
• A delightful newly built energy efficient contemporary yet traditional country home of impressive architectural design (Completion Anticipated late Spring / early summer 2020)
• 10 Year New Home Warranty
• Quiet village location adjacent to countryside within walking distance of primary school, mainline railway station to London Paddington & extensive local amenities
• Private Driveway
• Garage With Fully Fitted Utility Room (including Single Bowl undermount Sink and Space for Free Standing Washing Machine & Tumble Dryer), Electric Remote-Controlled Sectional Door, Overhead Lighting & Power Sockets and Electric Car Charging Point
• Reception Hall
• Cloaks Cupboard
• Fully Fitted Kitchen / Dining Room With French Doors & Island
• Living Room With Fireplace & Log Burner With French Doors
• Landing With Sun Tunnel
• Master Bedroom With En-Suite Shower Room & Fitted Wardrobe
• 2nd Bedroom With Fitted Wardrobe
• 3rd Bedroom
• Family Bathroom
• In All Approximately 1,612 Sq Ft
• Professionally Landscaped Gardens & Grounds
• Enclosed timber Cycle Store / Shed
Ash Hurst is a new development of ten 3-bedroom country cottages within the idyllic village of Goring-on-Thames. It is located in a quiet, tree-lined setting, adjacent to the open countryside, yet is within walking distance from the school, station and village shops.
Goring-on-Thames is nestled alongside the River Thames, in a location where the river cuts through the Chiltern Hills and the North Wessex Downs Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (aonb). This is known as the Goring Gap, which provides spectacular scenery and formed the inspiration for Kenneth Grahame’s Wind in the Willows. It was also the much-loved country home of the late George Michael.
Country living at Ash Hurst also has the benefits of being located within walking distance of a mainline station. The village has regular trains to Reading (15 minutes), London (49 minutes via Reading) and Oxford (28 minutes), with increased connectivity once Crossrail is completed.
Goring-on-Thames is also known to have a very strong community with clubs, societies and a bustling village centre. The village has its own doctors and dentists, as well as convenience food shops, including the locally acclaimed ‘Goring Grocer’ deli. It even has a hardware store, open 7 days a week, where you can buy four candles!
Streatley on Thames, on the Berkshire side of the river, is another picturesque village surrounded by hills and woodlands now mainly owned by the National Trust. Fronting onto the river by the bridge crossing over to Goring is the luxury 4-star riverside hotel the Swan renowned for its fine cuisine and leisure and fitness facilities.
A rare, newly built detached 3 bedroom, 1 being a master suite with en-suite shower room, 3 reception room country cottage, traditional in design, attractively reflecting the local vernacular, with a pitched clay tiled roof, whilst internally, duly affording a most pleasing modern and contemporary air, extending to approximately 1,612 sq ft.
Stylishly finished, to a high specification, 8 Ash Hurst incorporates well-proportioned open plan yet traditional accommodation, with a spacious reception hall leading to the principle reception rooms, including the study, living room with fireplace and log burner and the open plan kitchen / dining room, both having delightful wide French Doors opening directly on to the spacious stone laid patio terrace and rear garden and grounds, perfect for modern inside outside living and ‘Al Fresco’ dining. Door from Kitchen to Garage with fully fitted Utility Room (including single bowl undermount sink and space for free standing washing machine & tumble dryer), electric remote-controlled sectional door, overhead lighting & power sockets and electric car charging point.
On the first floor a light and airy landing leads to the master bedroom with en-suite shower room and built-in wardrobes, the 2nd bedroom with built-in wardrobes, a 3rd bedroom, and a family bathroom.
A simply delightful newly built home in a wonderful and most convenient setting, with much to enthuse over, internally and externally, early viewing is highly recommended.
Gardens & grounds
Privately approached off Icknield Road, access is initially provided via a private shared driveway serving a limited number of additional properties. 8 Ash Hurst benefits from having its own private driveway and garage with an electric vehicle charging point installed.
The rear garden has a delightful stone laid terrace running along a main breadth of the house and is flanked on three sides with timber close boarded fencing. The main rear garden is laid to lawn, with boxed hedging flanking the frontage of the property, affording an attractive approach. Off to one corner of the garden, there is a useful enclosed timber cycle store / shed.
French doors open out from both the kitchen / dining room and the living room, simply perfect for ‘Al-Fresco’ dining.
Delightfully attractive, the gardens and setting must be viewed to be fully appreciated.
Postcode: RG8 0DQ
Predicted Efficiency Rating: B / 84
Local Authority: South Oxfordshire District Council - Telephone: Specification
• Fully fitted kitchen with soft close cupboard doors and drawers
• Solid Mistral work surface
• 600mm wide integrated fridge/freezer
• 900mm dual fuel range cooker
• Fully integrated dishwasher
• Space provided in Utility Room for free standing washing machine & tumble dryer
• Undermount ceramic sink with mixer tap
• Under cupboard LED lights
• Recessed ceiling down-lighters
• Limestone effect ceramic floor tiles
• Underfloor heating
En-suites and bathrooms
• Floor to ceiling tiling as appropriate
• Electric underfloor heating
• Roca sanitaryware
• Shower with Thermostatic valve with separate head / hand shower attachments
• Bath with mixer tap and shower attachment
• 10mm Merlin glazed shower screen
• Large mirror
• Heated towel radiator
• Cabinet with shaver point
• Saloni porcelain tiles with rectified edges
• A comprehensive electrical installation including LED down lighters to the kitchen / dining room, cloak room, and family bathroom
• Central pendants to all bedrooms, living room, galleried landing and galleried reception hall
• White finish light switches and sockets
• External lighting to the front and rear landscaped gardens
• Mains operated smoke alarm
• Waterproof external double socket to rear of property
• Security intruder alarm to ground floor
• Garage with electric remote-controlled sectional door, overhead lighting & power sockets and electric car charging point
• Fitted wardrobes in master and second Bedrooms
Telephone and television
• Master BT point suitably located
• TV points in kitchen / dining room and living room
• CAT6 cabling to kitchen/diner and bedroom 2
• Free view aerial
• Carpet throughout bedrooms, landing, stairs, and living room
• Ceramic tiles to galleried reception hall, cloak room, family bathroom, and kitchen / dining room
• Gas-fired combination condensing system boiler providing underfloor heating to kitchen/dining room, galleried reception hall and cloak room
• Radiators with thermostatic valves on the first floor
• Wall thermostats for both ground and first floor heating controls
• Arada Stove - Holborn 5 wood burning stove in living room
windows, doors and joinery
• UPVC double glazed windows
• Composite front door and timber side doors with multi-point locking system to “Secured by design” standard
• Premdor premium vertical 5 panel moulded internal doors
• Staircase with oak handrail and Newell cappings
• Patio with access from living room and kitchen / dining room
• Marshalls Saxon 600 x 600 natural paving slabs
• Extensive Landscaped garden to rear, front and driveway, including turf and planting
• Garden water tap
• Wall-hung retractable clothes dryer
• Enclosed timber cycle store / shed
• Tornado stock facing brick
• Terreal Rustique clay roof tile
• Permeable block paved parking area and driveway
Strictly by appointment through Warmingham & Co.
About the developer
Elegant Homes is a bespoke residential property development company. We are dedicated to providing well-designed and crafted new homes. We started working on this project six years ago and have worked continuously, striving to create a development with a sense of place. Ash Hurst demonstrates a concerted place-making effort that complements its semi-rural location.
At Elegant Homes we believe in employing a direct labour force. This allows us to maintain the same quality and attention to detail through all of our projects. As a locally based company, we care about our community and provide a personal service in our after sales care.
The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fittings or services so cannot verify that they are in working order. If required, the client is advised to obtain verification. These particulars are issued on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through Warmingham & Co. Whilst all due care is taken in the preparation of these particulars, no responsibility for their accuracy is accepted, nor do they form part of any offer or contract. Intending clients must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy prior to signing a contract.