4 bed detached house for sale Holywell, St. Ives, Cambridgeshire PE27
- Holywell CofE Primary School0.6 miles
- Fen Drayton Primary School1.4 miles
- Huntingdon6.6 miles
- London Stansted Airport32.1 miles
Features and description
- Charming detached period house
- Views to the river Ouse
- Period features throughout
- Private mature garden with outbuilding/store
- Detailed planning consent for separate dwelling
- Rear access and tandem double garage
- Annexe potential
• Holywell is a small riverside village with origins dating back to Saxon times and is one of only three ring villages in Cambridgeshire. The village sits above the banks of the Great Ouse and is accessed through the neighbouring village of Needingworth. Within the village there is an historic church and a well regarded pub/restaurant The Ferry Boat Inn - said to be the oldest in England and mentioned in the Domesday book.
• There is a primary school on the edge of the village close to Needingworth that is currently rated by Ofsted as 'Outstanding', a village store and a further public house. More comprehensive facilities are available in the nearby riverside market town of St Ives where there is a Waitrose supermarket, a Saturday market, many other shops, restaurants and bars together with a secondary school and other facilities.
• For the Cambridge commuter there is access to the newly improved A14 (6 miles) and the guided busway which provides scheduled bus services into the Science Park and onwards to Cambridge station, then on to Addenbrookes hospital and the new Biomedical campus. The A14 and associated newly local service roads lead south to Cambridge, the M11 and on to the M25 and London. Northwards it leads to Huntingdon (which has a mainline railway station with services into London Kings Cross taking from 50 minutes) the A1, M1 & M6.
• Cambridge offers comprehensive shopping, schooling, recreational and cultural facilities as well as renowned independent schools for all age groups. Other independent schools in the area include Kimbolton, Oundle and Uppingham.
(all distances and times are approximate).
Wild Croft is a delightful detached period house situated in a Conservation Area with commanding views to the south over the navigable river Great Ouse.
The house provides charming accommodation over two floors. At ground floor level there are three reception rooms, a small study, an extended kitchen/ breakfast room with two oven Aga, butler sink, integrated dishwasher and fridge, pamment floors and French doors from the breakfast area leading out into the garden. The two front reception rooms have shallow bay windows and fitted wood burning stoves with wooden surrounds. The rear reception room has French doors leading out into the garden and a former cooking range.
The current owners extended to the rear adding the breakfast area a cloakroom and compact utility room to the kitchen and a vaulted main bedroom above with separate dressing room and en-suite shower. Three further bedrooms, two with views to the front and a family bathroom complete the accommodation which can be seen in greater detail in the attached floor plans.
To the front Wild Croft is situated at the top of a bank alongside "The Front" set behind a brick wall topped with privet hedging. The house also benefits from a gated side access onto the lane leading from the rest of the village. Adjacent to the gates is a single storey outbuilding incorporating an office with cloakroom and two further stores. There is also a single width timber tandem garage with sliding doors. The gardens are fully enclosed and are laid to lawn with various shrubs and trees.
Please note the planning consent for a separate dwelling in the rear garden (ref No 16/01382/ful) has now lapsed.
Square Footage: 2472 sq ft
1 floor plan available
View the floor plan to understand the space and layout of this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Savills - Cambridge. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Savills - Cambridge for full details and further information.