are delighted to present to the market this exceptional one-bedroom, top-floor flat which boasts generous and versatile accommodation with views looking down into the Village. The property is situated within an enviably location within the Kirkpatrick Durham which is a short drive from Dumfries and Castle Douglas with their independent local shops, eateries, and green spaces on the doorstep.
Accessed is via a communal entry, a traditional stairwell leads to the upper floor. The private front door opens into a reception hallway, with useful fitted storage at the top of the stairs.The Accommodation comprises of:-
- A good size proportioned living room, allowing for a choice of comfortable lounge furniture and benefiting from dual sash and case windows.
- The Shaker-inspired kitchen adjoins the livingroom, it equally has spacious proportions and a versatile floorplan, offering the ideal sought after layout for relaxing, socialising and entertaining. Incorporated are an integrated Infa -Red hob and single oven with chrome extractor above, along with space for a washing machine.
- The double bedroom is decorated in neutral tones and allows for ample freestanding furniture, a delightful bonus is the walk-in dressing room with natural light and abundance of space for rails and shelves with separate dressing table.
- Completing this exceptional flat is the family bathroom decorated in modern grey and white tones, a freestanding WC suite, incorporating a bath with electric shower over the bath.
- The property benefits from modern electric heating, and double glazing.
- Outside is a lawned communal rear garden which could offer a tranquil outdoor haven, and a perfect space for al-fresco entertaining.
- The neutral contemporary décor enhances the flat throughout.
- All fitted floor coverings, light fittings, Curtain Poles and curtains along with the integrated appliances are included in the sale.
- Council Tax Band - A
- EPC Band - C
- Viewings can be arranged by contacting the Hewats Property Team.
The village of Kirkpatrick Durham is approximately one mile from Springholm, where amenities can be found of a Primary School, public house/hotel and shop. Kirkpatrick Durham lies approximately 6 miles from the town of Castle Douglas, known as Scotland’s Food Town where many local and individual shops and businesses providing a varied selection of gifts, food and services. There is a library and both primary and secondary schools in the town along with supermarkets, health services, churches, veterinary services and a thriving livestock market and golf course.
Dumfries and Galloway in general is renowned for its mild climate, diverse scenic beauty and offers varies outdoor activities including hill walking, fishing (loch, river and sea), shooting and stalking, sailing, other water sports and equestrian pursuits. The Seven Stanes Mountain Bike Range is a must for enthusiasts with one of the seven available in Dalbeattie – approximately 8 miles from Kirkpatrick Durham. Golfers are also well catered for in the area with numerous course throughout Dumfries and Galloway and a Championship Course at Southerness and also within easy driving distance of the Solway Coast.
Travel links to and from the area are very good. The location of the new Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary is approximately 14 miles in distance. There is a main line railway station in Dumfries and also Lockerbie providing excellent links to both the north and south. The M6/M74 motorway network is 40 miles distant, and there are regular flights to other parts of the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe from Prestwick Airport which is about one and a half hours drive to the North. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle can be reached in approximately two hours.
There is a bus route that goes through the village of Kirkpatrick Durham.Offers -
Offers in Scottish Legal form should be lodged with the selling agents’ Castle Douglas Office. Interested parties are strongly recommended to register their interest with the selling agents as a closing date may be fixed for offersentry -
Subject to negotiation.Hall (2.38m x 2.47m)Lounge (3.46m x 4.63m)Kitchen (2.0m x 2.4m)Bedroom (2.74m x 3.30m)Dressing Room (1m x 3m)Bathroom (1.4m x 2.4m)