1 bed flat for sale Kingsley Road, Westward Ho, Bideford EX39
- St George's Church of England (VA) Infant and Nursery School0.9 miles
- St Margaret's Church of England (Aided) Junior School0.9 miles
- Bideford Ferry Landing2 miles
- Appledore Ferry Landing2.2 miles
Features and description
- Superb coastal views
- Easy access to the village centre
- Radiator central heating
- Double Bedroom
- Double Glazing
- Lift to all floors
- On site House Manager
- Communal Gardens and Parking
- No onward sales chain
- Internal inspection advised!
Kingsley Court is a retirement development of similar style properties pleasantly set within the popular coastal village of Westward Ho! The village offers good local amenities including a supermarket, post office, other retail shops, village inn, places of worship etc. The golden sandy beach and Royal North Devon Golf Course, are just a short distance away. Approximately 3 miles distant is the working port and market town of Bideford, with an excellent range of shopping and recreational facilities, together with a choice of schooling, health centres and supermarkets. Barnstaple, North Devon’s regional centre, housing the area’s main shopping, business and commercial venues, located on the banks of the River Taw is approximately 25 minutes driving distance, where access is available onto the North Devon Link Road, which leads through to junction 27 of the M5 at Tiverton.
24 Kingsley Court is a 3rd floor self-contained retirement apartment, which has been recently refurbished and now boasts excellent contemporary finish throughout. The apartment benefits from a new kitchen, refitted shower room, brushed steel sockets and light switches, as well as new floor coverings and re-decoration throughout. The property is located within a substantial period building, with wonderful high ceilings, a lift to all floors and an on site house manager.
Occupancy is restricted to those in excess of 55 years of age and therefore provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking a peacefully located, low maintenance, coastal property from which to enjoy their retirement.
For dimensions see Floorplan: (with all measurements being approximate).
Communal Entrance Porch and Hall with door entry system and post box. Staircase and lift access to 3rd floor with private entrance door to:
Private Entrance Hall: Door entry phone. High level consumer unit. Telephone point. Airing cupboard with hot water cylinder with immersion having slatted shelving over. Radiator. Carpet.
Living Room/Kitchen: PVC double glazed window affording panoramic coastal views over Westward Ho! And beyond. TV aerial and telephone points. Radiator. Carpet. The open plan Kitchen area has been attractively fitted with a range of contemporary gloss units with worksurfaces over, an inset stainless-steel sink unit with mixer tap, matching wall units, fitted Lamona single electric oven with matching hob and cooker hood over. Breakfast bar. Integrated fridge/freezer. Vinyl flooring.
Bedroom: Far reaching sea views. Built in wardrobe. Radiator. Carpet.
Bathroom: Newly fitted suite comprising a large, tiled shower cubicle with Triton electric shower over, low level flush WC, pedestal wash basin, tiled splashbacks, radiator, vinyl flooring.
Outside: On the seaward side of Kingsley Court is a terrace from which to enjoy the views. Additionally, there is a parking area for use by residents only.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Tenure: Leasehold: A new 125-year lease will be granted upon the sale of the property. Monthly Management Fee: £277.52 which covers the costs as shown below. Ground rent £52 per annum Council Tax: Band A
Vendors Note: What’s included in the Management Fee of Kingsley Court:
1. Building managed by First Port, UK’s largest professional management company.
2. Over 55’s only accommodation. Safe peaceful area with quiet surroundings.
3. On site hands-on Development Manager working 5 days a week 9am -1pm.
4. Buildings insurance.
5. Laundry room. Full use of communal washing and drying facilities.
6. Guest room available in Kingsley Court for visiting friends and family. Cost £20 for 1 person, £25 for 2 per night.
7. Tenants can use other First Port Managed development guest rooms UK wide (over 1,000, subject to availability and booking to be made through Kingsley Court Development Manager at cost as above).
8. Electricity and heating cost in communal areas.
9. Water and sewerage rates.
10. Window cleaning. The windows are cleaned every 2 months.
11. Communal area cleaning.
12. Grounds/garden maintenance.
13. Lift maintenance. Lifts are serviced throughout the year.
14. Lift monitoring system. The cost of the monitoring centre charges.
15. Fire System Maintenance. Fire extinguishers.
16. Intercom door entry system connected to every flat.
17. Fire Emergency Systems run by OpenView.
18. General Maintenance. This pays for day-to-day work on the building.
19. Planned Maintenance. This may include: Roof inspection, flat roof & gutter clean, window service, communal fan clean, laundry drain clean, clean & treat laundry floor, check communal mains water valves, portable electrical appliance test, clear external surface water drains, rodent control contract, foul pump maintenance.
20. Redecoration contribution. This is based on a realistic assessment of anticipated costs for internal and external redecoration of communal areas every 5 years as necessary.
Owners are only Responsible For:
Contents insurance. Council Tax. Apartment electricity costs - i.e. Heating (this is small as the building is heated as part of the management fee), lighting etc.
From our offices on Bideford Quay front, proceed out of the town, passing Morrisons supermarket on your right, and continue onwards to the roundabout on the A39. Proceed straight across towards to Westward Ho! And into the village, upon entering the one-way system turn left into Kingsley Road, and proceed onwards where Kingsley Court will be found on your right-hand side. We will meet you at the entrance to Kingsley Court and accompany to number 26.
1 floor plan available
View the floor plan to understand the space and layout of this property.
1 virtual tour available
Step inside the property with a virtual tour or video walkthrough.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Seldons Estate Agents. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Seldons Estate Agents for full details and further information.