Located on the banks of the River Wensum, Canary Quay offers a collection of meticulously designed one and two bedroom apartments, many of which have river views.
Living next to the river has a charm, a tranquillity and escapism
that enchants the soul itself. From taking relaxing riverside walks
to watching the river activity from the landscaped gardens, peace
and quiet can easily be found within this new riverside community.
For those with a more active desire, the river offers direct
access to the stunning Southern Broads by boat or canoe.
Enjoy the famous Norfolk skies and be surrounded in wildlife in
just a few minutes up river. Venture into the city itself on the river and take in the historical sites of the city as you paddle through the winding waterway, stopping off at the many riverside public houses along the way.
City apartment living that offers healthy outdoor living to enjoy, Canary Quay delivers a closer-to-nature lifestyle that redefines riverside living.
Live, work, play
Norwich is the only city in the UK located within a National
Park, the Norfolk Broads, with over 125 miles of navigable
lock-free waterways, stunning skies and open space.
The city, one of the country’s most vibrant and cosmopolitan
capitals, offers a lifestyle that both leads the way and sets
the pace in Norfolk’s cultural verve. The first city in the UK
to be named a unesco City of Literature, Norwich is also
home to an open-air market, quirky independent shops, restaurants, cinemas, galleries, theatres, cafes, bars, live
music venues, pubs and clubs – which is why Norwich is
ranked in the Top 10 shopping cities in the country.
With an incredibly diverse range of independent businesses
and thriving food and drink scene, the city is also home
to the headquarters of several national brands including
Virgin, Aviva, Kettle Foods and Naked Wines, contributing
to Norwich being voted the happiest place to work in the
UK, 2016. With a growing international reputation for
world-changing research, the joint venture at the Norwich
Research Park between the uea and the Norfolk and
Norwich University Hospital includes scientists that are
amongst the top 1% of the world’s most highly cited.
Home to both the Norwich University of the Arts and
the University of East Anglia, a Top 15 UK University and
ranked Top 200 world-wide, and Norwich School, the
region’s top independent school, quality education in
Norwich is in abundance.
Welcome to Canary Quay
Dynamic landmark architecture
Modern living space
Located on the banks of the River Wensum, Canary Quay
is the newest and most exciting riverside mixed-use
development in Norwich.
A collection of four unique buildings that offer contemporary
design and desirable riverside city living with a collection
of 323 meticulously designed one and two bedroom
apartments with elegantly finished living spaces, many of
which have views over the River Wensum. The communal
grounds are extensive and include a new river walkway and
moorings, so you can enjoy the perfect balance of quiet
seclusion and bustling city life.
Space to live
The impressive facades with their modern lines and symmetric cladding stand proudly amongst stunning landscaped gardens. The lower levels will provide premium facilities designed to initiate local businesses, creating a unique hub of activity.
The apartments at Canary Quay are beautiful and unique to this development, designed to offer light-flooded open plan living spaces. High quality Symphony kitchens with integrated appliances adorn each home, combining functionality and crisp modern design in each new home. From the chrome ironmongery to the porcelain bathroom suites, every detail
of these apartments is carefully considered and designed for the modern home owner, reflecting the elegance of the architect’s vision.
One of Norwich’s most talked about developments, Canary Quay is a mixed tenure scheme of residential
and commercial spaces located on the banks of the River
Wensum. The result of an in-depth design process and
a detailed exploration of every aspect of building design, construction and performance. Designed by renowned
architectural practice Ingleton Wood, the result is a series
of striking buildings that are finished to the most exacting
of specifications, set within a superb riverside living
environment, delivering high living standards.
Room to breathe
Canary Quay provides an escape from the
day-to-day routine, with communal recreation areas
there is plenty of room to relax and enjoy the river
views and fresh air in the peaceful gardens while
you make space for the important things in life.
Your home at Canary Quay will benefit from carefully curated materials and finishes in a palette of neutral colours.
• Contemporary Symphony Woodbury range kitchen units
• Premium laminate Symphony worktops with Colmar/Oak Cinnamon 95mm Upstand
• Stainless steel splashback
• Bianco inset stainless steel 1.5 bowl sink, mixer tap & drainer
• smeg stainless steel electric oven
• smeg 4 zone touch control glass induction hob
• smeg stainless steel re-circulation cooker hood extraction unit
• Indesit white integrated dishwasher
• Indesit white integrated fridge freezer
• Hard wired Aico Heat Alarm and Hush with battery
• Fusion Wood kitchen flooring in willow grey
• Twyfords bath with chrome plated Bristan bath mixer tap, shower screen
• Twyfords washbasin with Bristan mixer tap
• Twyfords premium white toilet pan floorstanding back to wall WC with concealed chrome flush plate
• Bath surrounds completely tiled to ceiling with Johnstone Fossil matt tiles
• Forbo vinyl sheet flooring
• Stelrad chrome towel rail
• Security lighting
• External CCTV to circulation areas and pedestrian entrance/exit to car park
• Residents’ bicycle stores
• Extensive communal garden areas
• Security front doors
• Ceilings and walls finished with a tape and jointed finish
• Internal doors with satin finish door handles
• Low energy LED downlights and Hager pendants
• Stylish floor tiling throughout (Fusion Wood)
• Flush mounted application plug sockets in open plan living spaces and bedrooms
• Optional secure parking to all apartments based on annual lease
• Free lifetime membership to Norwich Car Club with 5 hours free car use (hourly rental charges apply thereafter)
• Security controlled door with video intercom with smartcard controlled access
• Non slip premium floor coverings (carpet tiles) to staircase and communal and circulating areas
• White painted walls, skirting and architraves
• pir automatic sensor lights in all corridors and stairwells
Some images used are cgi's
Square Footage: 526 sq ft
Leasehold with approximately 150 years remaining
From A to B
Here, there and everywhere
Canary Quay is situated half a mile from Norwich central railway station, within a 10 minute walk from your home, you can arrive at London Liverpool Street in just 1hr 50mins. With superb access to a main road network, by car the A11, A47 and A146 can be reached within 5 minutes.
Within a 7 minute walk you can discover cinemas, eateries, bowling and bars at the Riverside Leisure Complex, or stroll over to the city
centre for some award-winning retail therapy in the city centre, only a 15 minute walk from your home.
Cycling is a pleasure in Norwich with an abundance of cycle
paths and routes winding their way through the city with ease.
From Canary Quay you can be in the city centre in a mere
5 minutes ride from your front door and Whitlingham Park
in 12 minutes.
Travel with ease using the public transport network in the city, with over 100 bus routes available to use at your leisure you can travel to the city centre, uea, surrounding districts and villages, the North Norfolk coast and more in under an hour.
Home to its own International Airport, travelling further afield is easy and convenient with direct flights available to Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Germany and even Lapland to name just a few, located just 15 minutes drive from your home at Canary Quay.