In the famous and exclusive resort of ‘Villaggio Piras’, composed solely of villas, on the island of La Maddalena, is the splendid Manù Villa, a rare opportunity to purchase a villa with a large garden, direct access to the sea with private beach and mooring for boats up to 12 metres in length. The property, completed in 2003, measures 234 square metres internally. In addition, there are verandas measuring 71 sqm as well as a 1,150 square metre garden that overlooks the sea.
The Villaggio Piras is the most exclusive beach resort of the entire La Maddalena island and one of the most popular areas of Sardinia, thanks to its’ peace, tranquility and privacy and faces onto the sea of the beautiful archipelago of La Maddalena National Park. You can reach the resort from Palau by a regular ferry service that departs every 15 minutes in summer and every 30 minutes in winter. Olbia Airport is only 40 km from Palau.
Beautiful Manù Villa for sale in La Maddalena in Villaggio Piras, is as follows:
- First floor: Large living room with fireplace and mezzanine, 2 bedrooms, and bathroom, bedroom with ensuite bathroom, kitchen, staircase to the lower floor, 2 covered waterproofed verandas and large terrace with outdoor kitchen;
- On the ground floor there is a living room with kitchenette, laundry room, bathroom, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 storage room in natural granite, wardrobe, utility room for the water supply system, and covered corridor with gate for outside access. The roof is characteristically decorated with Corsican antique tiles.
The villa is located just a few metres from the sea overlooking the other villas with privacy ensured by thick and shielding vegetation. Entrance is via a juniper wood gate that is accessed from the street while granite rock supports the wide waterproof roof that is also used for covered parking. From the gate, there is a granite driveway to the property which continues past the house to the sea, via a granite staircase with wooden handrail. In the garden and close surrounding area the natural environment abounds with various granite rocks, some local and some brought in from outside.
The villa for sale has an enviable position with part of the property overlooking the sea in an east southeasterly direction while the sun, which rises behind the island of Caprera, gradually sets on a nearby street beside the property. The most important factor, however, is the prevailing north westerly Maestrale wind. During the summer months, it only reaches the villa from the side street, so with this protection; you can still enjoy eating outdoors on the veranda while the sea below is perfectly calm.
Another characteristic of the house is its silence and tranquility. Having only an access road there is no passing traffic and even at the sea there are only a few boats. Looking southeast to the island of Caprera, Giuseppe Garibaldi’s house, now a museum, can be seen.
The villa owner also has the title and permission, to maintain the mooring facilities for boats up to 12 metres in length until December 2015. As the property is in the centre of La Maddalena, the neighbouring islands can be reached in a few minutes while those of Corsica, Lavezzi or Cavallò can be easily reached within about 15 to 20 minutes.
Superficie utile:(234|net surface”)
State of repair
The property, both externally and internally, has been finished with the use of natural granite chiseled by hand, while internally, the interior doors, wardrobes and kitchens have been custom made by an Arzachena craftsman. An artisan from La Maddalena made the exterior window and doorframes, windows and shutters and these are all fitted with mosquito screens. There is hand made white ceramic flooring on the ground floor with recessed plaster skirting. There is single fired, resistant tiled flooring on the lower floor and the exterior. Hand made ceramic has been used in 3 of the bathrooms with lava stone washbasins. There are 2 fixed wall sofas in brick with granite inserts and cushions, with one located in the living room on the ground floor and one outside under the waterproof canopy. Handmade wrought iron handrails made by an Arzachena craftsman are present inside and outside the home. There are also wrought iron supports for the curtains on the windows.
The villa is equipped with the following services and utilities:
- Water system with 2 sterilising units and polyethylene tanks with a capacity of 5000 litres (though only when there is excess water, as the water goes directly to supply the home and garden irrigation);
- 2 electric water heaters that supply the 4 bathrooms and 2 kitchens, located within the same water system;
- hot and cold air conditioning system is located on the ground floor of the lower level;
- 5 electric heated towel rails in 4 bathrooms and 1 in the wardrobe/closet;
- Outdoor sink with hot and cold water situated on the terrace and a shower in the garden that uses water that is then returned to the sea;
- 2 kitchens, each equipped with: Sink, gas hob with external cylinders, electric oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc..;
- Waste water treatment plant, after treatment, and using an electric pump, the water is used to irrigate the garden;
- Intercom system;
- Automatic irrigation system located and for use in the garden and down to the sea;
- Garden Lighting;
- TV + satellite antenna system;
- 10 kW electric meter, water meter, located outside the fenced villa, in its own outbuilding together with 2 gas tanks.
Land registry details
The property has been duly registered with the appropriate authorities.
Ownership Details/Contractual Obligations
A private individual owns the property.
To see other similar properties, please visit our website .