The villa in Chiatri was the first home of the composer, excluding his birthplace in Lucca. In December 1898, after the success of 'Manon Lescaut' and 'La Bohème', Puccini was able to buy the old villa of Samminiati, to restore it completely. The villa was in a top spot, from which they could see the coast from Livorno to La Spezia, the Arno and the Serchio, Corsica and, in the clearest days, Gorgona and Capraia and San Rossore and Migliarino. The reconstruction work was entrusted to the engineer Giuseppe Puccinelli and began after Puccini had solemnly laid the foundation stone. Yes, solemn gesture because the energy, time and money that were necessary to complete the works were arduous from the beginning, the absence of a road that arrived on site was a big obstacle. Building materials, therefore, had to be unloaded in Farneta then transported using animals along a hilly trail of over 4 kilometres. The Villa, to be restored, consists of 3 floors + basement, 1044.40 sq.M, has typical decorative elements of the Tuscan style_ red bricks in sight and features in the mullioned windows with polychrome decoration to visually divide the first floor from the main facade. From Samminiati, Puccini retained only the basement, accessible through 2 external staircases and made into a cellar. On the ground floor there is the living room, large hall, study, dining room and kitchen. Along a large and sophisticated marble staircase the first floor can be accessed and the bedrooms can be found. Spacious rooms with an adjoining sitting room and balcony. From the first floor access is to the penthouse, with a large living room and other bedrooms. Giacomo Puccini not only followed the works of the villa but studied and sought details of decoration as the small marble staircase outside the main entrance and the interior furniture that was designed by renowned Florentine furniture makers who used the liberty style of lacquered bright furniture to complete the large living rooms. As in other subsequent residences owned by the Composer, the strong presence of nature could not be missed, the large garden and the Park which was a place of rest and peace for Puccini but also the ideal destination for his hunts. There are 3 Annexes to the Puccini Villa, all to be restored. The first is 160 sq.M. The second and largest is 610 sq.M., and the last is 49 sq.M. Surface plots of land with olive trees and woodland of 150,000 sq.M surround the outbuildings. The Villa can be purchased as single property along with its garden or together with the 3 outbuildings and grounds.