A villa in Tuscany in the beautifully preserved historic estate of Collegalli Montaione, located on a quiet hillside with spectacular views of the countryside. Villa Strozzi offers complete privacy, including a private garden and pool, surrounded by nature and wildlife. The villa can accommodate 10 people and has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. A French Empire style drawing room opens onto the garden, as does the traditional country dining room with a terracotta tiled floor, ceiling with wooden beams, a fireplace and a table for 12. The kitchen has a terrace beside the pool where there is a table for outdoor dining and stunning views of the sunset. A master bedroom and bathroom are on the ground floor. On the first floor it has 4 bedrooms (2 with en-suite) and the other 2 with shared bathroom. On the first floor it also has a large living room decorated in French Empire style, a lounge with TV and sofa bed and a library. Wi-fi is available. The outdoor area includes a small but lovely pool at the end of a nice patio; extensive terraced gardens; and views of the surrounding hills, forests and the Tower of the village of San Miniato. The cottage sleeps 4 people, with 2 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms. Collegalli_ Climbing up the stairs towards this immaculate estate, on the left, there is a chapel that has always been dedicated to St. Catherine, built whilst Collegalli was still a fortified castle. The Chapel has a garden terrace, overlooking the woods and hills. From the terrace, you can enjoy a magnificent view, contemplating the beauty of the natural surroundings and experiencing the harmony in which people have always lived in these wonderful spaces. At the end of the garden-terrace there is a small swimming pool with lovely views of the woods, providing comfort during the hot summer days. The pool is for the exclusive use of guests of the villa. History_ Collegalli is part of the municipality of Montaione, on the east bank of the river Evola. In 1123, Count Ranieri had built a castle hill called Colle and set up a small feud or county, under the authority of the bishop of Lucca. The Counts of Collegalli dwelt in this place until 1427. Subsequently, Collegalli was owned by the family Orlandini ' Guelfi, a family that had kept many magistrates. The Orlandinis, after a change in their fortunes, sold Collegalli to Duke Strozzi, who already owned an estate in the village near Balconevisi. Duke Strozzi built the palace on the ruins of the old castle. In 1894 Duke Strozzi sold all his properties in Collegalli and Balconevisi to the Uzielli family, who have made significant changes, especially to the sacred buildings. In 1920, Rodolfo Arnoldo Brgisser bought the estate from the Uziellis and the family still owns the property. Housed in the woods of the estate, there are a number of oratories, such as the Oratory of San Giusto and Montoderi. It is well preserved and the interior has been restored in a fourteenth century style; the exterior is plastered and decorated with cornices and rose stone and has a nice little bell tower in wrought iron. Activities_ wildlife reserve, trail walking, tennis, horse riding, cooking classes, truffle hunting, quad adventures, exploring the medieval towns of Tuscany and visits to artisan studios.