The net living area of 1.595 m2 plus terraces is distributed over several buildings.
The main house has, on the ground floor, the dining room which gives access to the summer dining area on the covered terrace, kitchen, pantry, guest bathroom, large living area with fireplace and large sofas which also has access to the outside living area under the covered terrace, and a large bedroom with dressing area and bathroom en suite. On the first floor, entirely dedicated to owner’s quarters, is the master bedroom which gives access to a big terrace with panoramic views over the Calvia valley, a dressing room and complete bathroom for him, and another dressing room and complete bathroom for her. There is also a large room with living area and office. Attached to the main house, in the room which used to be an old chapel, there is a complete bedroom with bathroom en suite and dressing room which has access to a side terrace with fantastic gardens and fountains.
Through a beautiful cobbled patio, you can access from the main house to the guest house, where we find, in 1 wing, 4 bedrooms with dressing room and complete bathroom, then in the central area a kitchen leading to a large living room with dining area and fireplace which leads to another interior cobbled patio with covered and uncovered terraces, and 2 other bedrooms also with bathroom en suite and dressing area. Also in this unit, there is the old tahona, transformed into a romantic living room with a double height home cinema and where today, the owners dedicate the upper gallery to the trophy room. Finally, there is a further bedroom with bathroom en suite that also has access through the upper part.
The guest house is between the main house and the pool house, all joined together with a splendid lawn area. In the pool house, there are two dressing rooms, one male and one female, with its bathrooms and a summer kitchen and dining area.
Behind the pool house, there is another large lawn area, closed and ideal for children’s games, and at whose top end are the service dependencies. There are two dependencies for the service: On the one hand, an apartment of the innkeepers who service the finca all year round. Here you can also find a living room, dining room, 2 bedrooms and a complete bathroom; on the other hand, another apartment also with 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom, which is mainly intended for the service that comes with guests or support service such as nannies, chefs, etc.
Behind the dependencies of the service, there is a large garage for 4 cars and the stores and garages of the gardener, with tractor and another agricultural machines. Also here, there is a private orchard area for own consumption, the tennis court and the engine room.
The first data that are remembered of Son Sastre go back to the year 1450. In 1591 was acquired by Pedro Sastre, who gave its name to this magnificent Possessió. In 1688 it was donated to Las Carmelitas, who had a small monastery with a chapel. The current English owners began a huge renovation in 1998 respecting its historic character with great respect for the existing buildings as well as the large outdoor areas, gardens and fountains. It has several wells, totally private access and lots of quietness in an idyllic landscape in the center of the municipality of Calvia, only 10 minutes away from Palma and less from Portals Bendinat.