This is a rare opportunity to acquire a character property set in a most desirable courtyard development, which was a principal farmstead in Otterton up until the early 1990's. Rolle Barton was formed in the late 1990's to a superb architectural design and constructed using traditional materials including stone, slate and oak.
Number 5 has one of the finest positions within the development; it is a beautifully presented barn conversion which boasts charming views over the surrounding countryside and a wonderful rear garden enjoying a southerly aspect.
The internal accommodation has been recently updated throughout and is extremely light and spacious. Notable benefits include a well fitted kitchen with built in oven, integrated fridge/ freezer and washing machine. A generously proportioned dining room has an attractive feature wall with double doors leading directly out to the rear patio / garden area. The sitting room is equally large, yet cosy, and also has double doors out to the garden. A wood burning stove acts as a lovely focal point.
Upstairs, many of the bedrooms have pleasant views and offer built in wardrobes. Both the en- suite shower room and bathroom are well sized for modern day living.
Outside features include an integral garage and private parking for one vehicle, there is an over spill parking area just a short walk away. The genuine highlight is the beautiful rear garden which is on the level, enjoys sun throughout the entire day and affords a lovely view over the surrounding countryside.
Letting The property is available to rent from 25th June for an initial period of 6 months on a renewable Assured Shorthold Tenancy, the property is unfurnished. Viewings strictly through David Rhys & Co.
Deposit 5 weeks rent, returnable at the end of tenancy subject to any deductions. The deposit is held against any damages or expenses that might arise during your tenancy and will not be released until you have vacated the property, all rent has been paid up to date and an end of tenancy inspection has been completed. All deposits for a property let through David Rhys & Co. Are held on their Client Account and administered in accordance with The Deposit Protection Service. For further information visit the website .
Tenancy Applications/ References When applying to rent a property through David Rhys & Co. You will need to provide a copy of a current utility bill and a certified copy of your passport. If you do not have a valid passport you will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate and driving licence. If you are not in employment, confirmation of available funds will be required and this will then enable us to process the application as quickly as possible. If you are moving to this country from abroad we may require further proof of identification such as a work permit or visa. We will obtain references from current or previous employers/landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability.
Tenants Payments When applying to rent a property through David Rhys & Co. There are no set up fees on behalf of the tenant. There are however permitted payments as prescribed by The Tenant Fee Act 2019. Permitted payments, as defined under the legislation, only include the following:
1. The rent.
2. Refundable tenancy deposit – No more than 5 week’s rent.
3. Refundable holding deposit – No more than 1 week’s rent.
4. Payments to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant, caped at £50 per amendment, or reasonable costs incurred if higher.
5. Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy (where requested by the tenant). This must not exceed the financial loss that a landlord may suffer, or reasonable costs that have been incurred by the landlord’s agent resulting from an agreement for the tenant to leave early.
6. Payments for utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax.
7. Default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of lost key/security devices, where required, under a tenancy agreement. Default fees can only apply when this has been written into the tenancy agreement and covers late payment of rent, a lost key or security device. The amount of default fee is limited to 3% over the Bank of England base rate for each date that the payment is outstanding and applies to rent which is more than 14 days overdue.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by David Rhys & Co. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact David Rhys & Co for full details and further information.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.