An above average size Edwardian style terrace house with 2 double bedrooms, and nicely situated for access to local schools, and Kings Heath High Street shops, and amenities.
The property has combi gas central heating, period style features, and comprises: Vestibule, hall with stairs to first floor, living room, dining room, fitted kitchen (no white goods will be supplied), two very good size bedrooms, a very good size bathroom with a shower above the bath, and a boarded loft area with two roof lights accessed by a space saving staircase with alternating tread, - the steepness of the staircase making the loft area unsuitable for bedroom or habitable purposes.
There is a south-west facing rear garden, and access to an attached greenhouse / sun room.
The current tenants can offer for sale:- Cooker £50 - One small wooden bookcase £20 - One large wooden bookcase £30
available Saturday 17th October 2020.
Suitable for A single tenant or A couple with or without children.
viewing:- At this time, we are unable to take bookings for viewings over the phone; please send us a request by email so that we can send you our conditions under which viewings can take place during the Covid-19 crisis
(1) The information contained in this listing is for guidance only; complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. (2) If there is any point, which is of particular importance to you, verification should be obtained from us. (3) These particulars do not constitute a contract or part of a contract. (4) Any measurements given are approximate and interested parties should verify the measurements for themselves before ordering furniture or floor coverings. (5) No guarantee can be given with regard to planning permissions or fitness for purpose. (6) No apparatus, equipment, furniture or fittings have been tested. (7) Items shown in photographs may not be included in the tenancy; interested parties must seek clarification if in doubt. (8) Interested parties must check the availability of the property before travelling to see it, and before making an appointment to view.
Council tax band:- C
tenancy deposit:- You can choose between a traditional deposit which is the approximate equivalent of 5 weeks rent, which for this property is £1,000.00, or you can buy a Zero Deposit guarantee costing the equivalent of one week’s rent. To find out more about a Zero Deposit, visit the Zero Deposit website, or see the information in our tenancy application form.
Affordability:- £28,850.00 per annum. This is the minimum level of income required for referencing purposes. If you wish to take a tenancy as a sole tenant you will have to have this amount of annual income; if you intend to rent jointly with others, then you and your co-tenants need to have an annual combined income at or above this amount.
Holding deposit:- In order to reserve this property and before referencing can begin, you will need to pay a Holding Deposit approximately equivalent to one week’s rent, which for this property is £200.00
Please be aware that the Holding Deposit will not be refunded to you if you or any relevant person including a guarantor:- 1) withdraws from the proposed tenancy, 2) fails a Right-to-Rent check, 3) provides materially significant false or misleading information, for example if you said your income was a lot higher than it is, or you failed a credit check because you did not tell the truth, or 4) didn’t take reasonable steps to sign the tenancy agreement and / or a Deed of Guarantee within 15 calendar days of paying the Holding Deposit, or any other deadline as may be mutually in writing. The holding deposit will be refunded to you if the landlord withdraws from the proposed agreement. Upon entering into a tenancy the Holding Deposit will usually be put towards the first month’s rent payable.
(1) Late payment charges - Interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time on any rent or other money payable under the tenancy agreement remaining unpaid 14 days after the day on which it became due.
(2) Variations to the Contract - if consent is given: £50.00 inc VAT . A variation could include requests for a pet, requests to redecorate, requests to change sharer in a joint tenancy, requests to sub let, or any other amendment which alters the obligations of the agreement. If requests are refused, no charge is made.
(3) Novation of Contract & an Assignment of Contract - if consent is given: £50.00 inc VAT or a reasonable cost if higher. Novation is a new contract based on almost the identical existing contract. An assignment is where one tenant assigns his/her rights under an existing tenancy to another person under the existing tenancy.
(4) Change of sharer - £50.00 including VAT, or our reasonable costs if higher, if for example there is an exceptional circumstance relating to referencing, or a new inventory is required.
(5) Early termination of tenancy - If a landlord consents to an early termination it might be on the condition that replacement tenants are found. In this situation a tenant could reasonably be required to pay the costs associated with re-advertising the property or referencing new tenants, subject to evidence demonstrating the costs to be incurred. If a suitable replacement tenant is found, the outgoing tenant will be charged rent and will have to pay the associated outgoings until the new tenancy has started. The costs charged will not exceed the loss incurred by the landlord (if the payment is required by the landlord), or reasonable costs (if the payment is required by the agent). Landlords are only entitled to recover the sum of any rental payments which would not be met by the start of a new tenancy. As agent our reasonable costs will be the published letting or set-up cost which Glovers Estate Agents charge to a landlord.
(6) Lost Keys, Locks and Security Devices - Charges will be made for the for the replacement of lost keys and other respective security devices such as replacing locks and secure car park access fobs. The charges made will be the actual costs incurred in getting keys cut, or locksmith's charges, without any charge being made for our time except in an exceptional circumstance such as an emergency (other than replacing keys), where a charge of £15.00 per hour could be made.
Energy performance certificate:- The full E P C can be made available as a paper copy by contacting our office, or can be seen in full, and printed, by clicking on the ‘Energy Performance Certificate’ tab.
Consumer protection from unfair trading legislation 2008:- We abide by current consumer protection legislation when dealing with our clients and customers. We do not engage in any unfair practices such as: Giving false or misleading information to consumers; hiding or failing to provide material information; exerting undue pressure on consumers; we act with the standard of care and skill that is in accordance with honest market practice and in good faith.
Referral fees:- when a referral is made by Glovers Estate Agents to resulting in a tenant taking up a zero deposit guarantee, Glovers will be paid a referral fee by Zero Deposits equivalent to 8% of the premium paid by the tenant.
Anti money laundering measures:- We have in place procedures and controls, which are designed to forestall and prevent money laundering. If we suspect that a supplier, customer, client, or employee is committing a money laundering offence as defined by the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, we will, in accordance with our legal responsibilities, disclose the suspicion to the National Criminal Intelligence Service.
The national association of estate agents (NAEA):- Glovers Estate Agents is a member of this organisation which is the uk’s leading professional body for estate agency personnel across all branches of property services, being dedicated to the goal of professionalism within all aspects of property, estate agency, and land. We adhere to the naea’s Codes of Practice and complaints redress procedures.
The property ombudsman:- Glovers Estate Agents is a member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (tpos) and follows the tpos Code of Practice. The Property Ombudsman (TPO) scheme has been providing consumers and property agents with an alternative dispute resolution service for several years and provides consumers with a free, impartial, and independent alternative dispute resolution service. A copy of the Code of Practice and the Consumer Guide is available from us upon request, or at
client money protection scheme:- As a member of the NAEA, we subscribe to a Client Money Protection Scheme which is a compensation scheme providing compensation to landlords, tenants, and other clients should an agent misappropriate their rent, deposit or other client funds. The scheme is arranged by Propertymark which is the organisation that combines the ARLA, NAEA, nava, icba, apip and NFoPP Awarding Bodies into a single brand. Our client money protection certificate is available to see on the Glovers website: