An unfurnished spacious two bedroom end terraced property situated in convenient location in Brightlingsea within close proximity to local amenities. The property consists of lounge, dining room with feature fireplace, kitchen with fridge/freezer, ground floor cloakroom. Bedroom one is a double with built in wardrobe, bedroom two is a large single. Bathroom, white suite plus power shower above. Low maintenance garden to the rear. Property must be viewed.
Council Tax Band: B
Restrictions: Non smokers only
If you would like to take a property through Belvoir Colchester, we will need to take a scan of your passport for the Right to Rent checks and two current proofs of address dated within the last 3 months. The documents confirming your address need to be from two different suppliers. Please note that Council Tax bills only need to be dated for the current year. We accept utility bills, a bank statement or your driver’s licence if this matches your current address. Your driver’s licence cannot be proof of your address and id. Bring this along to your viewing, as we are able to use our mobile scanning app which will enable us to certify the documents as a copy of the original. Bringing the documents with you to the viewing will save you having to come into the office to do this later.
You will be asked to pay a holding deposit of one weeks’ rent at £178.85 to have the property taken off the market. Please note we cannot take payment at the property or cash payments, as we will need you to acknowledge receipt of the How to Rent Guides, EPC and a draft copy of the tenancy agreement.
Once you have received the documents and made a payment you will be sent a link to complete our online application form. The property will also be removed from the websites. Full references and credit checks through Open Banking will be undertaken and if false or misleading information is given that results in us not being able to offer you a tenancy at the property the full holding deposit taken will cover charges incurred.
We will also ask you to sign an agreement to grant a tenancy confirming that we can hold the deposit so that it can be used towards the 5 weeks damages deposit once you have successfully completed the referencing process.
In time for the tenancy start date a payment of one months’ rent at £775 plus the deposit at £894 which totals £1669 is payable less the holding deposit of £178.85 which equals £1490.15 amount due for payment. The deposit is held with the Deposit Protection Service.
Belvoir Colchester is a member of The Property Ombudsman and has Client Money Protection through Safeagent.
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by Belvoir - Colchester. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Belvoir - Colchester for full details and further information.
The legislation for England states that in addition to the asking rent, for assured shorthold tenancies agents are now only permitted to charge the following:
1. A refundable holding deposit - capped at no more than one week's rent. Belvoir Colchester will ask you to give us permission to use this towards the 5 weeks rent tenancy deposit, which is subject to satisfactory references. In the event of misleading or false information been given and resulting in Belvoir Colchester not being able to give you a tenancy a charge of £50 (including VAT) will be made and the balance refunded to you
2. A refundable tenancy deposit - capped at no more than five weeks' rent, or no more than six weeks' rent if the annual rent is £50,000 or more
3. Payments to change the tenancy (once it has commenced), when requested by the tenant - capped at £50 (including VAT), or reasonable costs incurred if higher
4. Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant - Government advice says that this can cover landlord costs associated with remarketing the property and referencing new tenants and any shortfall in rent up until a new tenant takes over
5. Payments in respect of Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage, Communications – telephone and broadband, Installation of cable/satellite, Subscription to cable/satellite supplier, Television licence and Council Tax
6.Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate.
7. Replacement of a lost key or security device, where required under a tenancy agreement up to the permitted limits as set by the Government.
Any charges made that are not in this list will be classed as unlawful prohibited payments. Additionally, agents cannot require tenants to pay for services, such as reference checking, through a third party.
For further information regarding what can and cannot be charged, we do urge you to read the act in full and to consult professional legal advice if in any doubt:
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme and we hold client money protection through safeagent Accreditation Number A2693 To view our certificate, please click here. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.
The Council Tax cost displayed is based on the council tax band and on the basis of 2 adults living at the property. The monthly cost shown excludes any discounts and is rounded to the nearest pound.
Full information on Council Tax discount entitlements can be found on the Gov.UK's website.