Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by James Douglas Sales and Lettings. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact James Douglas Sales and Lettings for full details and further information.
Relevant letting fees and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to James Douglas)
- Holding Deposit: One week's rent
- Security Deposit: Usually a deposit equivalent to 5 weeks rent will be charged, except where the annual rent exceeds £50,000 (deposit equivalent to 6 weeks rent) or a pet is agreed at the property (additional deposit of £100 per pet)
- Rent Arrears. Chargeable from 7 days arrears, calculated on the interest at 3% above Bank of England base rate
- Payment for a breach of the tenancy agreement up to the prescribed limit
During the tenancy (payable to the landlord/managing agent if permitted and applicable
- Utilities: Gas, electricity, water
- Communications: Telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
Please note that we cannot guarantee that where there is a telephone line at the property that it is connected. It is the responsibility of the Tenant to pay for any line reconnection fees.
Other permitted payments
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages and for the loss of a key or other security device
Tenant protection: James Douglas Sales & Lettings and Student Living by James Douglas are members of Propertymark and Lonsdale Insurance Brokers Ltd (client money protection schemes), and members of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme. You can find more details on our website.
If you wish to rent a property as a company tenant, there is a £300 application fee.
Water consumption is based on average water usage for the predicted occupancy of the property based on the number of bedrooms.
Total annual consumption (in cubic meters) is then averaged into a monthly cost.
Note: If you have 2 separate suppliers for water and sewage, you may receive 2 separate bills.