3 bed terraced house to rent Alexandra Place, Combe Down, Bath BA2
- Combe Down CofE Primary School0.2 miles
- Monkton Prep School0.2 miles
- Bath Spa1.3 miles
- Oldfield Park2.1 miles
Features and description
- Three bedroom end-terrace
- Downstairs shower room
- Log burner
- West facing garden
- Peaceful village location
- Close to local amenities and a variety of schooling
- Period features
- Well presented throughout
- Parking is found on nearby Tyning Road.The property does not have any designated parking.
- Minimum 12 month tenancy and not available to students or sharers
You approach the property through wrought iron gate and a path leads you through the garden to the front door. Once inside the hallway gives access to the sitting room, dining room and stairs to the first floor. The sitting room is a light room with bay window to front aspect, stripped wooden flooring and feature gas fireplace. The dining room is a spacious room with feature log burner fireplace and provides access to the kitchen. The kitchen has a homely retro feel to it with newly fitted English Rose units and worktop with space for appliances. A classic design produced throughout the 1950s and originally made from top quality materials after World War II. A door leads you through to the rear of the property where you find a shower room with shower cubicle, washbasin and WC. There is also a utility room and door to the rear aspect.
To the first floor you find two double bedrooms and a large single room, all with feature fireplaces. Bedroom is a very good size with large bay window to the front aspect and plenty of storage space. Externally the garden is found to the front of the property. A level west facing garden it is laid to lawn with a stone path and wooden built shed to the end. Parking is found on nearby Tyning Road or Church Road. The property does not have any designated parking.
Combe Down sits on a level ridge approximately 1.25 mile (2 km) to the south of Bath city centre. It sits at an altitude of 600ft and hence has always been renowned for its clean air quality with many moving from the city for this reason. The village is adjoined to the north by large areas of natural woodland with public footpaths offering stunning panoramic views overlooking the city and equally gratifying views of the Cotswold (aonb) valleys to the south.
There is simply no other village like it on the outskirts of the city with such a wide range of local amenities and schooling. This makes it a very popular place for families and those looking for an area with a rural feeling but still within walking distance of the city. You will find every level of schooling in the local vicinity with three nurseries, two academy primary schools, Ralph Allen academy senior school and two independent schools in Prior Park and Monkton Combe, both with pre-prep, prep and senior schools. There is also Threeways School which provides for special education needs from ages 4 to 19 years.
Locally there is an abundance of amenities with doctor’s surgery, Bath bmi Clinic, dentist, two pharmacies, highly reputed car garage, award winning delicatessen, fish and chip shop, hair salon, builders merchants, beauty therapist, bakery and Co-op mini-markets. On the western edge of the village is a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found in neighbouring Odd Down. Nearby you will also find the excellent country club spa hotel Combe Grove Manor, which provides fine dining, gymnasium, spa treatments, swimming facilities and tennis courts both indoor and outdoor. There is also a new development being built in the village called Mulberry Park. An award winning development of 700 new homes and currently becoming one of Bath’s finest, new residential communities. With a new primary school, children’s nursery, cafe and state-of-the-art leisure and business facilities, with further amenities to follow, Mulberry Park will also build Bath’s first new park for 100 years.
The local bus service provides quarter hourly services during the day into the city. For the walkers among you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1.2 mile from the village and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into an 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
Standard broadband available up to 17Mb (Estimated 8Mb)
Fibre optic broadband available up to 76Mb
Virgin Super Fast Broadband is available.
Band - D
Band - E
Tynings Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Some of the images are computer generated as the property is a new build. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. Tynings Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Permitted Fees And Charges
1) A Holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) of equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
2 floor plans available
View the floor plans to understand the space and layout of this property.
More informationReport this listing
Want an expert valuation of your home?Book an agent valuation
Property descriptions and related information displayed on this page are marketing materials provided by - Tynings Lettings & Property Management. Zoopla does not warrant or accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the property descriptions or related information provided here and they do not constitute property particulars. Please contact Tynings Lettings & Property Management for full details and further information.