If buying a home in Blackburn, Lancashire, is on your radar, right now is the time to get to grips with the local property market. Here’s a quick round-up of what you should know.
1. Average property value: The typical Blackburn home is worth around £137,000, according to the most recent Zoopla house price data.
2. Most popular property type: ‘Three-bedroom terrace’ is the most searched-for property type in Blackburn among Zoopla users.
3. What’s on the market: From one-bedroom starter flats to spacious family homes, here’s what’s for sale in and around Blackburn right now.
This new-build three-bedroom property is on the market for the Blackburn-average price of £145,000
4. House price movements: Average property values in Blackburn have remained virtually static in the last 12 months. But prices have risen by around 16% over the last decade.
5. Acceptable offers: Property in Blackburn is currently achieving around 96% of the asking price – worth knowing when making your offer.
6. Market turnover: Blackburn homes take an average of 12 weeks to sell from the day they first hit the market, in keeping with the current national average of between 10 and 12 weeks.
Got a micro-area in mind? Draw it out with Zoopla's map search tool for a more targeted property search
7. Getting on the ladder: Try affordable Lammack where you can still pick up a two-bedroom terrace for around £60,000.
9. What local agents say: “The property market in Blackburn is buoyant and, if the price is right, some homes selling in a matter of weeks,” says Adam Stockdale at Keenans. “Semi-detached property is particularly popular.”
Top-end: This six-bedroom luxury home in affluent Pleasington is on the market for £1.25m