Skip to main content

Property for sale in Chafford Hundred

Area Guide
1 - 25 of 59  
Keywords and filters like garden and parking live here
Pages: 1 2 3 Next

** Calls to this number will be recorded for quality, compliance and training purposes.

The Local Area Guide to living in Chafford Hundred

Conveniently located less than an hour's journey outside of central London, Chafford Hundred offers a wealth of recently constructed housing in the Borough of Thurrock. This attractive settlement is situated in between South Ockendon and Grays, offering swift links to London Fenchurch Street as well as a bevy of recreational facilities for residents. Nearby green spaces include Grays Chalk Nature Reserve and Chafford Gorges Nature Park, which is managed by the Essex Wildlife Trust and features a welcoming visitor centre. The intu Lakeside Shopping Centre is a major draw to the area with its on-site lake and full calendar of events.

This modern settlement features thousands of recently constructed houses, with an estimated 5,300 houses and flats constructed since 1989. With a combination of retirement homes, housing associations, and private detached properties, Chafford Hundred appeals to a wide range of residents.

Information about the local residents

There's a diverse mix of residents who call Chafford Hundred home, with an estimated population of just under 13,500 according to a 2006 count. Approximately 90% of the population in the Chafford region was born in England, but there's a diverse mix of international residents who make up the remaining 10%. This includes a large influx of residents born in Nigeria, as well as sizeable Indian and South African communities. This lends a distinct multicultural atmosphere to the town. Due to its close proximity to London, Chafford Hundred is home to a high number of City workers who make the commute each day. Professional, associate professional, and technical positions are the top listed occupations in the area.

Nearby Schools

Chafford Hundred is home to many families, and it currently has four primary schools to serve the needs of those with young children. These include Tudor Court Primary School, Warren Primary School, Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred, and Harris Primary Academy Mayflower. Generally, schools in Chafford Hundred all enjoy a good reputation. In the most recent school league tables, over 82% of Chafford Hundred students reached Level 4 in reading, writing and maths in the final year at primary school.

The town's secondary school, Harris Academy Secondary, also offers a high level of academic opportunity for local students. It was recently named one of the top 100 performing non-selective state schools in the country and received an award from the Department for Education due to its achievements in serving pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds.

Getting Around

Getting in and out of Chafford Hundred is a breeze with the array of public transport links available. The Chafford Hundred Lakeside Railway Station connects residents with central London. Owned by Network Rail and managed by c2c, the station is located on a branch of the London-Tilbury-Southend route and offers two trains an hour to London Fenchurch Street during off-peak times.

The station's located just outside of London fare zones 1 to 6, but commuters can pay by Oyster card on a pay-as-you-go scheme as of 2010. A number of bus companies also serve the area, including First Essex, Ensignbus, and Amber Coaches. The commute into London takes approximately one hour by car, bus, or rail.

Local Shops

You'll find a smattering of supermarkets and independent retailers in Chafford Hundred. As mentioned above, one of the major draws to the area for visitors is the intu Lakeside Shopping Centre, which is connected to the train station with a convenient pedestrian footbridge. There are over 250 retail shops on-site, including heavy hitters such as Marks and Spencer's and House of Fraser as well as high street favourites like Topshop and Oasis. A three-storey flagship Forever 21 is also located here, as well as electronics, accessories, and kitchenware shops. Lakeside is particularly popular with families due to its well-equipped changing facilities and wide, pushchair-friendly walkways, and there's a soft play area, VUE Cinema, and 50 cafes and restaurants when you need a pit stop. The feature that really sets this shopping centre apart is its own 26-acre lake and certified diving school.

Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the above information is up to date, some inaccuracies may occur. If you notice any inaccuracies please contact

All information was correct at time of publication and is provided in good faith.