Settling down by a roaring fire is a guaranteed way to get cosy this winter and these 7 homes all have a fireplace worth gathering around.
1. Four-bedroom detached house in Braco, Stirling, for £245,000
Looking for a recently refurbished home with a wood burner to keep you warm through the winter? With its crisp white décor, this four-bedroom detached home could be the perfect sanctuary for you. And the wood-burning stove in this home is working double time as it keeps both the living room and the hallway toasty.
Available via Murray & Currie
2. Six-bedroom property in Rendcomb, Gloucestershire, for £1.5m
A country house wouldn’t feel like home without a fireplace to warm up next to after a long winter walk. With its stone and wood surround, the open fire in this Cotswold stone-built home is the ideal spot to warm your toes.
Available via Sharvell Property
3. Six-bedroom property in Stoney Stanton, Leicester, for £550,000
All your fire-based requirements are covered in this Grade-II listed cottage, with three different options to choose from. In the sitting room you’ll find a Minster stone fireplace with an open grate, the dining room boasts a gorgeous Victorian fireplace with a Carrara marble surround, while the snug comes complete with a log burner.
Available via Fine & Country
4. 11-bedroom detached house in Dunsfold, Surrey, for £5.75m
There are plenty of exquisite features to choose from in this country pile, but the imposing Inglenook fire at the heart of the drawing room is one of its finest. The brick surround and wooden mantle may appear a little austere, but what this fireplace lacks in minor details it makes up for in stature.
Available via Grantley
5. Three-bedroom semi-detached house in Settle, North Yorkshire, for £255,000
On a chilly winter’s evening there’s nothing better than coming home to the warmth of a wood-burning fire. A modern wood burner is at the centre of attention in this surprisingly chic semi-detached home – all you’ll need to do is stay stocked up on logs.
Available via Tepilo
6. Three-bedroom flat in Hyde Park, London, for £4.95m
This lavish flat has a fireplace befitting of its multimillion pound asking price. The rectangular fireplace is flush with the wall in the living room and even has its own remote control. Other luxurious features include Roberto Cavalli furniture, cutting-edge technology throughout and a 24-hour porter.
Available via Phi London
7. Six-bedroom country hall in Bradfield Dale, Sheffield, for £1,650,000
It doesn't get more wintry than this festively adorned limestone mantle and hearth with a multi-fuel stove, which sits at the centre of attention in this grand hall's drawing room. You won't be too disappointed if this particular spot has been taken though, as there are nine other fireplaces throughout the Grade-II listed house to choose from.
Available via Blenheim Park Estates
You might also be interested in..
- The best decorating advice Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen has ever been given
- Fit for a princess. 5 homes for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
- 6 perfect homes for horses